Freedom Worldwide FAQs

Do I have to be a British citizen to apply for Freedom Worldwide?

When it comes to Freedom Worldwide you do not have to be a British citizen to obtain cover. We can provide cover for you anywhere in the world as long as we are allowed by the law of that country to do so and by our underwriter.

Do I have to notify you if I move to another country?

If you decide to move whilst you have a policy with us, your policy and premium will generally not be affected if the new location is within the cover area you selected when you bought the policy. However, we would still require notification of your move and your new address to ensure any mail we send to you arrives to the right location.

If you move outside your original area of cover, you should get in touch with us or with your broker.

Will my location affect the claims process?

We try to process all claims as effectively as possible, however your location can sometimes affect the time it takes for the claim to be fully processed depending on how each hospital/country deals with private medical insurance companies.

How long do I have to be living or working abroad before I can take out a Worldwide policy?

With Freedom, you do not have to be living or working outside the UK for a set amount of time before you take out our Worldwide policy, however, please note that our international policy is a 12-month contract. Unfortunately, for those living or working in the USA, we cannot provide cover.

Can I take out Freedom Worldwide if I am only going abroad for 6 months?

All Freedom Health Insurance policies are annual policies, meaning that we don’t provide cover for less than a 12-month period.

Can I add or remove benefits during my policy year?

As our policies are annual, we are unable to offer upgrades within the policy year. However, at the point of renewal, we are more than happy to discuss with you what other options we have available. If you are looking to remove benefits from your policy during the first year, we advise you to contact a member of our team to discuss whether we can approve the change to your policy.

How do I get a replacement policy card?

If you have lost your policy card and would like to replace it, feel free to contact us and we will arrange a new one to be sent to your address.

Still have any questions?

If you couldn't find an answer to your question, please use the form below to send us your query. Alternatively, you can contact us directly.

Get in touch

Learn more about Worldwide

Our Freedom Worldwide is a international health insurance plan that can give you full peace of mind.

Find out more

Send us your question