Please note that the 2-Year Fixed Premium option was removed on the 1st of January 2024.
With effect from 1st October 2019, Freedom Health Insurance is excited to be offering all individual clients the option to fix the insurance premium for two years when you take out a new Freedom Elite or Freedom Essentials policy.
The guarantee of a fixed premium for the second year gives you the reassurance that your premium won’t rise at the end of the first year regardless of any claims made.
The second year’s premium will only change if:
- you make changes to the policy which result in a change in premium;
- you change the payment frequency from annually to monthly between the two policy years (meaning the 6% annual payment discount would be lost in the second year); and/or
- the rate of Insurance Premium Tax (IPT) changes.
There is no additional charge to take advantage of this option.
What happens to premiums at the end of the two-year period?
We will apply our standard single year increase to renewals at the end of the second year according to the pricing structure effective at the time.
We have updated our quote system to make it easy for you to select this option from 1st October 2019 until the 31st of December 2023. Get a quote now!
The terms and conditions attached to the offer are detailed below. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us.
Terms & Conditions
- The 2-year fixed premium option is available for new individual Freedom Elite and Freedom Essentials policies with a start date of 1st October 2019 until 31st of December 2023.
- If any changes are made to the policy which result in a change to the premium, the amended premium will be held for the remainder of the fixed price period.
- A 6% discount will apply to each year if the full annual premium is paid in advance. If the client changes their payment frequency from annually to monthly between the two policy years, the 6% annual payment discount will be lost in the second year.
- Any change to the rate of Insurance Premium Tax (IPT) will be included in the renewal premium following the change.
- This option is based on two separate, consecutive 12-month contracts.
- We reserve the right to withdraw this option for new business at any time and without notice.
- Excludes company policies.